It's going to take a while folks, but I'm determined to sift my way through the A-Z of Albums that have touched me or moved me in such a way that they deserve mention. There will be stuff in here from the 50's through to the present day since my musical tastes know no boundaries. Any fascism I once had regarding music has gone and left me. I hope that if you have time to spare in your busy lives to read this blog, you may one day be inspired to pick these records up and, like myself, become enlightened by the power of music.

Tuesday 16 March 2010

The Ascot Ball - Saturday 17th April - The Fleetwood Hesketh, Southport - In Aid Of Queenscourt Hospice.




The Ascot Ball, to be hosted by Fleetwood Hesketh Sports & Social Club in Southport on Saturday 17th April, is an annual event organised by Jude Lennon in aid of Queenscourt Hospice, a self-funded organisation taking care of the terminally ill. I have personally been involved in playing at these events for the past few years, and it has always been a cracking night, well supported, and for an excellent cause. This year will see performances from my acoustic duo, Little Wing, as well as my 5-piece band, The Gypsy Beats (pictured above). There will also be a DJ and food, plus several raffles for top prizes - all for the price of £10 a ticket. A donation will be made to Queenscourt Hospice once all funds are collected in. If you are able, please come and support it. We will all, in our lifetimes, encounter situations where people we know use these marvellous and admirable facilities - it is within all of our interests to help in any way we can.

No comments: